THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Recovery and other things


My blog entries have been pretty boring lately. I guess now that I am pre-op my whole world is just focused on the day to day activity of doing all I can to be healthy. I feel like posting when I go to the gym that I did it, because it is an important part of my recovery, but I guess after a while I sound like a broken record. I have been hitting the gym a lot, it is almost compulsion now. I feel like my life has hit a really good rythym. I get up, I drink my 4 oz of milk, make a protein shake, put it in the fridge, get dressed either for the gym or just for warmth because the house is so cold to me now. I am really starting to feel the effect of not having fleshy insulation. I am so used to wearing tank tops and I am wearig them still, but freezing. i sit in my bed on an electric blanket while my top half freezes. I have been wearing long sleeve shirts in layers, so weird. I love fall and winter clothes I used to buy long sleeve stuff, but then be too hot to wear it. Now I haven't worn a t-shirt in over a week because I am so cold natured now.


I have a workout routine, and the days I have to lift weights I make sure I get there, and the days off I still go and do cardio or the elliptical. My arms are really starting to show the payoff and I am pleased. I did water aerobics this morning, and man, my belly is loose and floppy. Losing the weight has really made my abdominal area reall loose. I am excited that I will have the plastics after I lose the weight.


I keep a food journal, I have written everything I have eaten down since the 6th day after surgery. I feel that it has really helped me remember to take my supplements, and has really kept me from going over or under my protein goal of 60 grams a day.


So basically I am just doing everything I know to do, and I am being rewarded in my weight loss and health. I feel stronger, more energetic and just all around better than I ever remember. This surgery has saved my life, and given me a better one


2 comments:

Elle said...

I dont know what I would do without your videos. You have really given me the courage to go foward. Seriously. I thank you so much.

I submitted my initial paperwork on NYE and now I am doing all the due dilligence with my weight loss history and what not. I just thought it would run smoother. Ugh.

But keep up the great work! You look fab! Hotgirl!!

Turtle_gurl said...

Thanks!! I am glad you feel more secure in your descision, it is a great tool to achive the previously impossible. Keep it up!