THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Weight is just Data....

Ok, I have had time to process, I get it. This was (or is) just a plateau. (Thank you Maria) I know, I know. I have told myself to not be emotionally attached to the weight on the scale. I do weigh everyday. I will continue to because I use it to gauge how things are going. I have been telling myself over and over that I am eating healthy, working out and doing everything right. SO.... when the scale says whatever it says in the morning, I should just consider it data.
What matters is how I feel, and I feel wonderful. I am full of energy, I am strong physically. I am happy in my heart and soul. I feel like I am glowing, I know that this is in sharp contrast to how I felt before when I was 300 pounds. I felt so stuck, I felt helpless and ugly. I worried that I could not keep my husband's love and attention. NOW....I don't feel like the fattest person in the room. Now I walk with my shoulders back, chest up and feel pride when I am at the gym. I get looks of respect from fellow gym members who see me there everyday, I am in the click of people who workout with absolute regularity. Staff at the gym know me by name and ask me how my journey is going.
SO... the freedom to be myself, have joy and peace makes the numbers on the scale pale in comparison. This is not a race, it is a journey. I am going to be a normal weight. My goal is to weigh 140. I may get there, I may not. I will be healthy, slim and not overweight. I will be comfortable in my ever increasingly loose skin. Weight no longer controls my emotions. I AM FREE !

0 comments: