THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Liquid diet decision

Yeah, so I was watching a show that is on Discovery Health Channel and it is "Big Medicine" and it is about a father/son team of gastric bypass surgeons. They had this 450 pound guy on and he went on a 3 month liquid diet prior to surgery. They showed his liver while they did the surgery and they said it was nice and small and staying out of the way while they did the surgery. I heard this is why a lot of doctors require a liquid diet at least a week or 2 before surgery. I don't have to, but I am starting a liquid diet Monday. I have been gaining weight quickly due to "last supper syndrome" and because I am on a injectable immune system depressant which is making me swell. I feel that if I am gonna wait.. I will at least have something I can focus on to feel more connected to the experience of gastric bypass surgery. I will find out my insurance decision no later than Wednesday, and then it will be less than a month to surgery. I think this is gonna improve my outcome. Wish me luck!

0 comments: