THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Time is going by fast...

Wow, exactly 1 week from now I will be on my last hour of being able to drink clear liquids. I will be in a hotel room across from the hospital. My husband is very squeemish and prone to fainting when he sees needles or anything medical. I am having him drop me off at the hotel and going home. I want it this way. I am staying the night with my Mom in the hotel and checking into the hospital the next morning at 5:30am. They said I will get an IV and then "I don't care" medicine to keep me calm. I expect to be in the hospital 3 days and then I am going home to my Mom's place for up to 2 weeks while I recooperate. I am really glad to do it this way. I want my husband to not be worried about me, and if I went home to my house I would be alone a lot while my husband is at work. I am really excited. The last time I stayed at my Mom's house to recouperate I was 19 and had all my wisdom teeth taken out. My Mom took such good care of me that all I remember about that time is that it was positive. I am ready. I feel like everyday is getting faster and faster. I have 1 more massage tomorrow it is 2 hours long then I am driving back to my home. I am in Georgia right now staying with my brother. Then it will be Friday, gonna clean my house to get ready to leave town. I also need to clean off my DVR and make sure I don't lose shows I want to see. The wekend always flies by, I get to hang with my hubby. Then Monday and Tuesday will go fast and then Wednesday (Halloween) I will go to Atlanta to check into the hotel and start taking the antibiotics the surgeon gave me. The bowel prep is several pills taken at Noon, 5pm, and 10pm. According to 3 patients in the waiting room Tuesday I will be violently ill taking these on a stomach only able to drink clear liquids. FUN. I have to stop drinking liquids at midnight and then i will wake up get the surgery and not be allowed to drink till the next day. I don't know how I will be able to go 24 hours with out drinking. Then the day after surgery they will give me 4oz of some liquid that has been described as 10 times worse than dimetapp. This will be used with some machine to see if my new pouch is leaking. I get a pain pump when they do the surgery. That makes me feel good to know that I won't get stuck in pain if a nurse wanders away or something. The hospital I am going to has a Bariatric ward, all rooms are private. There will be a sleeper chair for my Mom.

I love staying at my Mom's house. I feel relaxed there. I will be able to take it easy. If I were home I would try to clean or do stuff. At my Mom's I will feel free to take it easy. Well thats all for now.. catch ya'll later!

0 comments: